Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First attempt at sculpting

I want to start finally playing my Circle Orboros army, and one crucial unit that is still missing are the shifting stones.

The problem is that currently I cant find this unit anywhere to buy, and its actually on order in two different web stores for a few months already.

This lead me to try and sculpt myself a unit of stones:


This is basic shaping. I used two paper clips as armature for each stone, and flattened the sides with Lego bricks. I also used Vaseline to prevent milliput from sticking to the Lego brick.


Here I added some more detail like the raised edges


All three stones are now on legal PP 30mm bases, and i did some relief work. I'm slowly getting the hang of this whole sculpting shebang :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...