Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How I paint faces

My face painting is far from perfect, but the results are more than decent for the tabletop.

Here is how I do it:

1. Start off with a face :)


Paint some black inside the mouth, and all over the eyes:



3. Layer some off-white on top of the black, and try to leave some black showing at the edges (This is theory. I suck at faces :P)



4. Paint on the pupils, and shape the eye as best as possible



5. Base it all in a dark flesh color



6. Layer down light flesh tone, but try to leave some dark in the recesses around the eyes and nose



7. Wash generously with Ogryn Flesh (or equivalents)



8. Highlight again with the light flesh with a spot of white added in, and fix up the beard, moustache, eyebrows, and everything that got messed up in the process :)



And this concludes my way of painting space marine faces. All comments welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...