Friday, July 1, 2011

How in the world did I do it?

Tonight I decided to mix up a batch of base color for my Space Wolves dreadnought (and in the process find a nice shade of grey with a touch of blue that will be used throughout the army).
I sat down at my desk, picked up some basic colors and started mixing. After a while i came up with a very nice shade of grey, i wrote down the formula for that same shade, and then it was time to apply it to the little dread.
I prepared my palette, watered the paint down with some glaze medium, added some retardant, and started painting. After the third coat i noticed something utterly amazing:

I managed to mix up a shade of grey that is _EXACTLY_ the shade of plastic that the dread is made of to begin with. After a short laugh i finished up the base coat and snapped a few photos to share with the world :)



   
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Note the last photo of the painted dread next to the fresh non primed space-wolfoid :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, look's Great!, but one thing- I think you should paint the gray a bit less in the lines
    I mean, where there are lines that go deep in the Armour they should be left black to give the depth illusion, just my 2 cent^^

    beside that, Great work!! looking forward to see it completed and teach it to "play dead" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those lines get nicely washed up :) Check out the latest photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...