Monday, July 18, 2011

Early Christmas - My new brushes arrived

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. When i came back from work today my brand new W&N Series 7 brushes were waiting in the post office.


Photobucket


I will use this ocasion for a little rant and a little math:

About a month ago I went to our local art dealer (Arta) to get myself some W&N Series 7 brushes. I knew that they will be slightly expensive, but I didn't care. I got to their central store/warehouse where I was greeted by an extremely non-welcoming lady who didnt really want to bother giving service to anyone. When I asked about W&N Series 7 brushes, her answer was that since they are expensive they are not on display.

So I politely asked her to see if there are any in the next room warehouse, and after about 45 minutes I was informed that they are flat out, and the only brush they have is the size 0 (i wanted 0, 1 and 2).

That same evening i logged on to Dick Blick's site, and ordered myself seven brushes, primarily regular series 7 sizes 0, 1 and 2, and the short series 7 sizes 00,0,1 and 2. Grand total for the brushes came to $67, and the shipping to Israel was another $15-ish. Grand total of $82, which translated to our local currency is around 280 NIS (New Israeli Shekel).

When the brushes arrived today, I paid additional 51 NIS customs (Guess I wasn't that lucky this time) which brought the grand total for my 7 brushes to 330 NIS, or roughly 48 NIS per brush.

The punch-line is that the cost of a brush with our local art supply dealer that carries W&N brushes is average 73 NIS per brush.

Guess i will stick with Dick Blick's for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...